For 25+ years, Sud Associates has provided research, technical assistance and engineering services in the fields of energy audits and analysis,
modeling, and design services for energy-related projects. We specialize in the institutional, industrial, commercial and multi-family housing
areas. We have active projects in the United States and Canada. We also have a joint venture with IESYS Pte. Ltd which is accredited to provide
Energy Audits for Buildings & Industrial facilities in Singapore. The energy related services provided by us include:
- Development of energy management programs
- Performance contracting oversight
- Utility accounting and billing analysis programs
- Utility market and rate analysis
- Energy research
- Use and development of building energy simulation procedures and programs
- Energy/water conservation audits and surveys
- Building renovation studies
- Life-cycle cost analysis
- Project programming
- Engineering design services that emphasize energy/water efficiency and sustainable design
- Construction inspection and administration
BUILDING STUDIES & ENERGY AND LIFE-CYCLE COST ANALYSIS
- From walk-through assessments to intensive engineering studies.
- Building experience: 2,000+ buildings, 100+ million square feet.
- Energy management, facility condition evaluations, renovation studies.
- Life-cycle cost comparisons of modifications.
Energy Audits and Surveys
- 585+ completed Technical Assistance Energy Audits under the Institutional Conservation Program. Facilities include Universities,
Colleges, school systems, health care systems, etc. For more information
- 200+ Energy Management surveys for rural Electric Membership Cooperatives in program funded by Carolina ElectricCooperatives.
Facilities include manufacturing, health care, educational, etc. For more information
- 30+ energy audits for Virginia Power and ElectriCities of North Carolina. For more information
- 85+ energy audits under DOE’s SAVEnergy Program. One of only 17 firms prequalified in 1995, reconfirmed in 1999 and 2004, to submit
bids for energy and water conservation audits under U.S. Department of Energy’s SAVEnergy Program. Currently, Sud Associates is only
one of nine firms nationwide to provide energy audits under this program. Facilities include VA Hospitals, Federal Office Buildings, Military
and Coast Guard Bases, Research Facilities, Courthouses, and Special Buildings: National Zoo, Smithsonian and other museums, the U.
S. Mint, etc. in the continental United States and Puerto Rico. For more information
- Energy/water conservation audits of large multi-family housing for Public Housing Agencies. For more information
- Energy/water conservation audits requested by clients.
ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
Energy Conservation Measure Design
Specialize in implementation of energy conservation measures. 200+ projects to implement ECMs completed to date. Representative projects
include Frito-Lay, Chowan College, New Hanover County Schools, Cumberland County Schools, Buncombe County Schools, Ashe Memorial
Hospital and Catawba Memorial Hospital.
PERFORMANCE CONTRACTING OVERSIGHT
We have provided technical assistance with performance contracting for the implementation of energy/water conservation measures. Our
experience with performance contracting gives our clients on tight budgets access to alternate financing methods for implementing energy
conservation measures. For more information
CONTRIBUTIONS TO STATE OF THE ART
Our staff has helped contribute to the development of current state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies used in the areas of modeling,
energy conservation in new and existing buildings, performance of energy audits on existing buildings, and monitoring and verification of energy
savings. They are active with technical and professional societies and have performed research and evaluations for such entities as the U.S.
Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, Electric Power Research Institute, and the American Society for Heating, Refrigerating,
and Air Conditioning Engineers.
SIGNIFICANT RESEARCH PROJECT AND EVALUATION TOPICS
Energy usage reduction in facilities
Development and use of energy simulation procedures
Comparison of energy simulation programs
Simulation of electric domestic water heaters
Peak load reduction
Thermal energy storage in commercial buildings
Energy efficiency in industrial processes
For more information
Involvement in professional and Technical Societies
Dr. Sud has contributed to the development of standards and technologies in the field of energy conservation analysis and implementation. He
has participated in various ASHRAE committees and in the development of ASHRAE Standards.
Sud Associates, P.A.